Thoughts from a Conundrum

an enigma wrapped in a riddle dressed in a conundrum

Sunday, September 17, 2006

I think i'll survive

Well, i made it through crazy stress week, and i think i'm good. I started the new job, and it's going well. Actually the teacher i work with is Kerri's sister-in-law, funny small menno world. The staff are super friendly and make a point to introduce themselves. I've had a little culture shock in going to the school, it's kinda funny. I've never worked in a place where parents value religion over whether or not their child does well academically before. Definitely interesting though. Tomorrow is picture day, nice gift, i was hoping i had missed it, but alas, no. I find myself being excited about odd aspects of being hired. I get keys to the school(heehee), i get a photocopy code, i'll have a computer code, i have a staff to bake for(hehe) AND i got to buy more school supplies...even a little mini drawer thing for my pens and such. Yes, i get excited about odd things.
The kids are great. i'm in grade 1 and right now there isn't a 'designated' student for me, so i help the class. I read a story on Friday. : ) Basically, i feel like i'm getting paid to work in sunday school right now, with devotions, and memory verses but again, happy to be hired somewhere.
It's hard not to be frustrated when people keep getting full contracts around me...especially when they haven't subbed or had any experience. I know God has a plan that is likely different from other peoples, but still...workin' on the not frustrated aspect right now.


Jer. 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future".
|