Thoughts from a Conundrum

an enigma wrapped in a riddle dressed in a conundrum

Friday, January 19, 2007

Loner Me

I have a fabulous afternoon after a trying morning. I don't know what was up with 'my' kid today...every time i told the student to work all i got was a frown and a 'no'. argh. Empty threats only go so far.
Anyway, onto my great afternoon instead. I ate lunch at school which was nice because i don't normally do that and to actually connect with some staff was good. Then i took off for my eye appointment at which my doctor gave me crap for not coming sooner and wearing my contacts too long and using not good enough solution, but oh well i was glad to have it done...and paid for haha. My doc. is in midtown...man, i hate that place-especially during high school finals-so many punks. I then went to Eyes Int. to put in an order for contacts and looked around. Man, they have super bad service-and i knew this from past times-but they usually have deals. Though i left due to lack of help. I thought hey, stop at lawson just in case. HA! So, i highly recommend Vision Makers in Lawson Mall. I know from going with mom and going this time alone-the guy is super helpful and when i said i should have come with my contacts he gave me a free pair! And not some crap quality ones either- better then i have been wearing haha. He was super helpful and i think i may have found new glasses(though i'll see if i actually wear them hehe). So, when i get new glasses i also get a deal on contacts which are half the price of Eyes Int. So i definitely cancelled that order at Eyes. Stopped at star buckers to use some of the gift cards i have. I think someone needs to come with me so i can get rid of more of the money though. I'm not super big on buckers. Ran to parables to pick up the book i ordered and was worried b/c they said it was 'damaged' in shipping. Really, there wasn't anything terribly wrong and most people wouldn't be able to tell-but it got $8 off the book so really i won't complain! And thanks to a grade one i had a gift cert. so the book cost me $4 something. : )

Basically, the just of the super long paragraph....i had a great afternoon. I had an eye exam, looked at glasses, got a free pair of contacts while looking, got a frappe at star bucks, picked up a book ordered....and it all cost me........$4-something! HOORAY!
|