Thoughts from a Conundrum

an enigma wrapped in a riddle dressed in a conundrum

Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Enjoy the little Things

Today i was reminded to enjoy the little things in life. I've been having a crummy week with exams(midterms), assignments and frustrations with classmates. Becoming a hermit is sounding better all the time.
Anyway, this isn't a complaining entry, it's enjoying little things, and this time God reminded me with a little person. Bruce's daughter Courtney to be exact. I was at youth tonight, going through the usual motions and enoying myself somewhat. Durning the game, i noticed Jodi and Courtney watching us and invited them in. I figured they couldn't get hurt playin paper, rock, scissors! So, they came in and played. Jodi played against some kids, and little Courtney just stood looking at me and raised her arms to be picked up. So, of course i picked her up. I picked her up and looked at her face which was smeared with nice smelling green lip balm-which really does show up well all over skin! It also apparently tastes really good. I'm sure she used/ate 3/4 of the small container! Just looking at the joy in her face from something so little made my day. It doesn't take a whole lot for children to be content-us adults need to make notes. Stop and smell the flowers(well, in a couple months) and really take time to enjoy God's wonderful creation.
|