Thoughts from a Conundrum

an enigma wrapped in a riddle dressed in a conundrum

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Fantabulous

What a fabulous weekend. On Friday, i went to Caroline's potluck with good food, and good people. It was good to see people i haven't seen in awhile.
Even though Saturday was gloomy and rainy, it was quite fun. My wonderful friend and co-conspirator was in town for nite and i spent the day with her. We did a quick Old Navy trip which was fruitful for me, even though i didn't get what i went for(somehow it always happens). We made a valient attempt at a strategic game of chess. I still have no idea how i won. It was really good catching up with Shanny and her fam. And of course an evening cheesey movie to top things off. You really have to be in the right mindset for silly cheese movies...but they work for us. haha
Sunday: I went to church...and saw Matty...who was looking for someone "slightly more interesting then you" [me]. Who would have guessed that the person would be Mark Trew?! crazy crazy. SO i say WELCOME HERE!! to Mark and Susanna. You just never know what will happen when you decide to go to church haha.
AND church was really moving this morning. We did the whole thankful deal where people stand and say what they are thankful for. Bruce's sermon included a story about how someone stole his shoes and one written by Marilyn about a true event in her recent life about an encounter with someone in need of food. Bruce then called for us to do something that would inconvienience us. He told people to take off the shoes they were wearing, or coats they brought and lay them on the steps of the stage to give to people in need. It was absolutely amazing and moving to see soo many people surge forward to give. I will admit, i didn't give my shoes. I like so many more gave what cash they had along. The offering bags were overflowing, the steps piled with jackets, shoes, etc. amazing.
I also made banana bread today. I took half to my grandpa while my parents were visiting him where my grandma lives in a home. I haven't been there since Christmas, i don't know why, but i find it really hard to go there. I feel bad, yet have excuses every sunday when my parents go.
I have no idea what will happen with my car. I've tried not to worry about it this weekend in order to actually be thankful. SGI wants to write it off...just because the door is dented-argh. ya...enough of that.
|