Thoughts from a Conundrum

an enigma wrapped in a riddle dressed in a conundrum

Monday, April 12, 2004

Feels like Burning!

I had a rather uncomfortable experience with the bbq today. My wonderful mother said to turn both nobs on to high instead of the one i normally do. So, like a good child, i listened and pushed the igniter dealy a couple of times and it didn't work so i waited 2-3 seconds and then...bang-mother of pearl this huge ball of fire just shoots out-i'm just lucky i didn't pee myself or something. It would really have been wise to back up-however being the ever-smart standing in a fire ball u should really move kind of a person-i stood there wide-eyed. And of course, my mother being the mother she is looked at me and got rather scared-looked at herself, noticing since she had backed up nothing was wrong-however, noticing that the idiot who stood there looked a little different. The fire caught my hair, and not just on the top of my head-i mean i once had eyebrows and eyelashes. The smell was sickening and mom was freaking out, while i was trying to brush all the singed stuff off. So i escaped to the bathroom to check the damage. -lost a good chunk of my bangs-which won't be noticable until it starts to grow again -lost a good chunk of eyebrows which are still crispy -lost at least half of my eyelashes on my right eye-and i realized that i had really come to appreciate my eyelashes. At first i was more upset about losing my eyelashes then what could have hapened. Now, i'm thanking God that i didn't end up with crazy burns all over my face because those flames went everywhere-i was wearing a bunnyhug and they so could have started it on fire-it was at my neck. So, i guess if i have to live with singed eyelashes and a very slight burn that is no more painful then any sunburn i've ever had-then i'm okay with that.
|