Thoughts from a Conundrum

an enigma wrapped in a riddle dressed in a conundrum

Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Motives

Look, i'm back, well sort of. I've really felt lacking of something worthwhile to say. For once, i didn't talk just to fill space. I've been waiting(and not always patiently) for something to happen in my life and also on some decisions i made in the last few months. I think God may be testing me through a test of patience, and sometimes i wonder if i'll pass in the end. I know there have been times when i have failed and become frustrated and complained and then i get frustrated for getting frustrated and not being patient. It's one big cycle of frustration.
Anyway, what i was actually thinking tonite is totally not related to the above ramble. Tonite i am frustrated(ha-looks like something i need to get a handle on!) well, it's not a big frustration-something i've been thinking on latley. When an individual does something to help or be nice to another individual-usually opposite sexes-why is it that the person on the receiving end has to over think and believe the other has alterrior motives? I find people my age are really bad for this. I find that i grow closer to God through servanthood and helping others and in doing this become frustrated when people start acting 'odd' and treat me like i have a schoolgirl 'crush'. I think that we should start believing that people can do nice things without having a motive (or thinking-hey they want me).

on a side note-anyone who knows anything about camping in BC(Shuswap area) let me know.
|