Thoughts from a Conundrum

an enigma wrapped in a riddle dressed in a conundrum

Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Changes

I think i am finally getting used to the idea that life is constantly changing no matter what we do to stop it. For instance, before last year, i never would have seriously considered going on a 'real' missions trip. Now, i haven't even left the country for a second one and i'm contemplating finding more opportunities to travel and minister.
For years i thought i would be a teacher, and had dreams of going to university to do so. God had other plans. I wanted to be a teacher, in charge of students and helping them to learn-God wanted me to take a non-leading role and be a teacher associate. This has lead to struggles in my own mind. I realize that by being a TA, i'm still in an important role, but i'm stubborn and want to be in charge. I find it frustrating when people say "it's okay, you won't be a real teacher-you're just a TA", i start believing that myself and it brings me down-and sometimes the voice that says that is my own. I know that God has put my in this position for a reason and that He has great plans for me, but it's not always easy to not understand why and go with it.
Right now, i have no idea where life my take me, and for once, i'm okay with that and not frustrated. So far, God seems to know what He's doing in my life and it hasn't been too terrible so far ;). I guess i need to rely on trust that something will happen when it needs to.
I'm also contemplating moving-out of my parents house, but also the province. I've been thinking on this awhile now, but lately, it seems more plausible. I don't really have anything left here for me. My close friends will be away at school and in Thailand, i have no real job at this point, and there isn't anyone in particular to stay for, so it is quite a possibility. I've had an invite to Edmonton repeatedly, so maybe the job hunt will now encompass Edmonton, and possibly Calgary. Who knows what's in store?!
|