Thoughts from a Conundrum

an enigma wrapped in a riddle dressed in a conundrum

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Need vs. Want

Maybe it's the sun, or that i only have 11 more days of working in schools, or that i'll be going on a roadtrip soon, or that i'm leaving in less then a month for camp, but i've been in quite the spring cleaning mode lately. Trying to combat the eternal question of how to de-cluterize my room for good. Alas, it's never ending. I've now cleaned under all the things that i haven't in forever, have cleaned out the bottem half of my closet and am now working to throw/give clothing stuff away. I have made it through 2 drawers and was able to throw a whack of stuff away(not wearable). Yesterday, i filled a garbage bag and an old navy bag since someone came today to pick up clothes. Sadly, if you look in my closet, you would never know that i got rid of all that. I have issues giving away clothes, i don't know why, maybe because i know i should have gotten more wear out of so much of it.
I'm learning that i really need to de-clutterize my life as well. How much 'stuff' do i really need? As i write, i wonder if my ebay bids are still the highest. nice. I know i really don't need a crap load of clothes, and yet, i buy and buy and buy thinking i 'need' such and such. Definitely something to work on.
|