Thoughts from a Conundrum

an enigma wrapped in a riddle dressed in a conundrum

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

For the Love of Pete!

So, my car started acting silly. Fine, take it to a garage-get it fixed-so if it's fixed why is it still broken????? This amazing mechanic of my dad's sucks! i took it in for one reason-he fixed other stuff-but not what i wanted fixed! oh for the love. It would be super sweet if something would work out 100% just once without a whole whack of crap surrounding it.

On a side note, i got an interesting email today from Kevin about our 'shots' party on thursday. Shots as in needles for Panama-our whole group is getting them done together. The lady who is giving our shots is really friendly and bubbly-which is good-i didn't even feel the first one. Her distributor liked our idea of the shots party and is flying here from somewhere and is buying us a ton of food! Even fruity drinks with little umbrellas! oh my. They are coming dressed in latin american garb, so now the rest of us will be too-apparantly. And check this out, the star phoenix is coming as well to do an article-how nuts is that?

So, i get on my first plane ever in exactly a month today. It will also be my second, third, fourth, fifth....etc. time on a plane-we seem to have a lot of flight changes. Actually, with the trip, every time we get together, kevin will announce a new change. :) It's funny, i'm not usually open to change at all, but with this trip, it really hasn't bothered me.
This will also be my first time leaving North America or riding in a dug out canoe for hours on the ocean close by the equator at 2am with whatever jungle animals come out at nite in the jungle...oh my, what was i thinking?

I think i'm falling in love. Okay, now before everyone starts speculating over with whom, it's really not one individual. No matter how worried i get about what i may encounter in Panama, my heart is growing more fond of the people over there more every day. It's soo weird. Is it possible to love people you've never met before? I mean i've had dreams about these people, and i'd never even heard of them until a few months back. How odd life is.
|