Thoughts from a Conundrum

an enigma wrapped in a riddle dressed in a conundrum

Friday, June 11, 2004

Kiss the Rain

I have really come to appreciate rainy days. I'm not into the grey days where it's just grey and yucky, but when it's raining, i really like it. I think it gives off a cozy kind of warm feeling. For me anyway. I like walking in the rain, and puddle jumping-oh puddle jumping. : ) It doesn't matter how old you get, puddle jumping is still fun. I haven't done so for a couple years and well, i think i miss it. The last time a bunch of us were at Wade's and it was he who started sliding down the hill of mud on his stomach. That then led to being tackled on the mud hill and running through the streets in the rain and jumping in puddles. Oh good times! : ) It's a good thing Wade had a bunch of clothes handy-i also remember that none of us there had extra clothes-and so laundry was quickly done.

The only time i'm not a fan of rain is when my parents are gone somewhere and our stupid basement is turned into a constant creek which i have to vaccum up! You would think people would figure some downfalls to building a brand new neighborhood on a swampy area-which is exactly what they did-i remember what our street looked like before-yuck!

Thanx to everyone who came to the bbq last nite-good times were had by all i hope. Even though i lost yet another game of Settler's-what else is new?! Dutch Blitz was good-at least i was good at something! Stupid Rook game where people kept calling me as partner and taking me down! Though my kamakazie bid was fun. : ) I really enjoyed 'fellowshipping' with people i haven't seen in awhile and hang out with the girls-until the boys came later. : )

But, back to my basement. Go for a walk in the rain today and 'kiss the rain'! Or call me to go walk-it sucks goofing in the rain alone!
|