Thoughts from a Conundrum

an enigma wrapped in a riddle dressed in a conundrum

Thursday, October 07, 2004

I hate being a jerk

Why is it that it's soo much easier to be nice to people who are not part of your immediate family? Tonite my dad was trying to be helpful. This involved standing beside the TV while i was trying to watch ER and offering advice on what type of questions possible employers may ask me. I realize he was trying to be good and help-i tried really politely to let him know thank you, but i know. Apparently that didn't work, and i tried to make a parralel (SP?) to this being similar to me talking while he is watching the news. That didn't go over so hot either. So now my dad's feelings are hurt, i'm more frustrated then before and mom of course goes into the guilt trip of he's only trying to help. Argh...i just need a job already and a day without a hundred questions being asked. It's hard to answer tons of questions-especially when you do nothing all day but clean the house and suntan.
I know God takes care of people when they need it most-by His standards of when that is and not ours. And to be perfectly honest, God's ticking me off. For just once, i want something to work out earlier rather then months later.
|