Thoughts from a Conundrum

an enigma wrapped in a riddle dressed in a conundrum

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Missions trip in Walmart??

I've been thinking about the different aspects of missions lately. I also think back to a post shanny did about thoughts on everyday missions. I'm learning that even though planned missions trips, such as to Pierceland SK; or Panama are amazing learning experiences and can be life changing for people, but how does it translate into everyday? Someone told me that they were taking a step back from being overly involved in too many organized ministry areas because it didn't leave room for other ministry. I thought about that and continue to think on how i don't always make efforts in my own city. Somehow missions is easier in other places where you don't know people. Maybe it's a pride thing i don't know.
Anyway, today, i had to buy a new tire and have it put on so i went to walmart and at the first one it would have been 4 hours, so i went to the 'ghetto' one where is was only 1.5 hours. I spent a good 1/2 hr-45 mins. wandering through the aisles and had random conversations with people. It was quite fun actually. I spoke with an 85 yr old lady about strawberries and a few other people here and there. One lady in our long waiting line asked if i was related to someone, so we started chatting. Fair enough i didn't outright ask anyone if they knew the Lord, but all in all, i think i consider it ministry just the same. If anything, my bright smile may have made someone a little happier. heehee. So get out there people, make a difference.
|