Thoughts from a Conundrum

an enigma wrapped in a riddle dressed in a conundrum

Friday, June 18, 2004

The day i appreciated automated recordings

Wow, never thought i'd be happy to hear an automated voice on the phone, but today, it gave me a little relief. I need a passport for my trip. Between my car not working and then it being in the shop, i didn't have time to go downtown before yesterday. Too bad my garunteer(or whatever they are) voided my passport app. They had whited out their name because it was in the wrong spot. Great, now i have to wait til monday. I looked at the application and it said it takes 20 working days to get back-at which point i really started to freak out(it wasn't pretty at all) and frantically started searching for the phone number. So, i call some 1-800 number and the voice over says if u hand it in in person, it takes 10 working days-okay, not as bad as i thought. i'm still worried, but not as much-if i go monday it should be here july 6. 9 days before i leave-still a little panicked-but maybe i'll survive once i get to the office on monday.

On a totally different side note, please please pray for my family. My dad is once again threatening to sell the house split it and everything 50/50. Hopefully it blows over, coming home from camp to living in an apartment would be a shitty thing.
|