Thoughts from a Conundrum

an enigma wrapped in a riddle dressed in a conundrum

Monday, June 21, 2004

Chivalry is not dead...

it's just sometimes subtle and we miss it. I know for myself, i'm learning to appreciate the little things in life instead of living off the big items. I've been realizing this last month or so that i've had off that i hang out with some pretty fantastic guys. For the most part they are very much gentlemen(most part ;) ) Now, i realize i can be stubborn and like to do things for myself, but i've also learned that when people do nice things for you, that is good too. I also know how much i've come to appreciate the little things the guys do that they may not think anything about and i doubt that i really ever express that. I appreciate having the door opened for me, even when i don't want to be the first person to walk into a room, i like not having to drive everywhere like a taxi service, and i like when we're picking movies that the guys will tell me not to watch certain movies because it would be too violent, gorey or would make me motion sick. It's in the little things like that that i come to appreciate the male friends God has granted me.
|