Thoughts from a Conundrum

an enigma wrapped in a riddle dressed in a conundrum

Sunday, June 20, 2004

Thank goodness it's almost tomorrow

I have had one heck of a draining day. Today is Father's Day. That would have been fine if mine had talked to me at least once since Wed. So i really didn't know what the day would bring. Church was absolutely brutal. Bruce talked about bad fathers and the like. I sat and tried not to cry through the whole service. Then i went for lunch and to try to find something for my dad. So, i went to the usual place to buy sugar free chocolate-odd, the store is gone, and therefore i am screwd for any future parental gift. I went to the dollar store for a card instead. There i looked at all the cards that said thank you dad and great dad, and you are so special and tried to keep the tears in my eyes from falling. Found one after awhile more or less wishing a happy day/year and thought to myself, well, no matter what, he's still my dad. And so i wrote as much and a little more, left it at his table spot, and hid in my bed for the rest of the day til i left for tim's. I came down and dad says thank you, i'm not mad at u, no matter what your mother and i go through it's not your fault. Words i think i've needed to hear since i was little, and then i held the tears in and nodded. He said that they were going to work things out-something i have never heard dad say-maybe he is slowly changing afterall. Relief. Until pam blows up and storms out of the house. Tim's bbq-good eats, good times. Now i will go and cry.
|