Thoughts from a Conundrum

an enigma wrapped in a riddle dressed in a conundrum

Friday, June 25, 2004

I'm Off

I leave tomorrow morning-bright and freaking early-well for me it is anyway. I've had over a month to sleep in now, so i can suck it up. I start staff training at redberry tomorrow until tues. On wed. the little kids come for a short 3 day camp. This is usually my favorite week/half week of camp. It's like being a mom for 10 girls all at once-and then sending them home full of sugar and no sleep.
I'm a little nervous about going back to camp. I've taken a couple years off and now going back with all new people will be interesting. I feel like the old maid of the bunch-even though i haven't met most of the staff yet. I think the idea that i'll be counseling with some of my sr high kids, just makes me feel old and like i'll feel out of place.
I am excited though because i love being outside and after today, pretty much the rest of my summer will be outdoors. :)

Passports on it's way, and should come no later then july 6th, so in terms of that my stress level is much lower. Just 20 days until i get on a plane for Abbotsford and 25 until i leave for actual panama. I can't believe my crazy summer begins tomorrow already-oh my.
I went shopping with pam the other day and found some sweet deals-still missing some stuff yet, but hopefully it'll all be found, like my hostel sheets and thermorest-then again i could always curl up with the monkeys. :)
|