Thoughts from a Conundrum

an enigma wrapped in a riddle dressed in a conundrum

Saturday, July 10, 2004

I'm Back...sort of

I'm back from camp, done for a month and hopefully can convince myself to go back. This past week was the hardest i have ever encountered at camp before. There were so many counselors with difficult cabins or problems relating to people in the cabin it was nuts. There were definitely a lot of tears shed this week, and i think it was mostly by the couselors. The devil really tried to attack the camp this week, and once again God prevailed and helped us through it.

My cabin was good, for the most part. I had 2 girls who didn't listen to a word i said and would question ever single thing. It was super hard, especially when you heard them wispering about you. My co-counselor got stuck in the kitchen all week to learn how to be a cook for the coming weeks and that was brutal for everyone. She had to get up at 6am and work all day and then come back to a cabin where the girls are at war with each other and whinning. I was sick for the first half and lost patience frequently. The Lord is good and saw us through though. Even in the toughest girls in the cabin, i saw Christ working.

So, i'm home for 5 days now to sleep, get healthy, shop more(argh), and see people before i leave on thursday for Abbottsford for training and then off to Panama....and then off to camp 2 days later.

If anyone wants to come see us off...we will be at the airport THURSDAY morning at 5 AM...hahaha yes i know, you all get up then and would love to. If anyone has a small thermo-rest they could lend out-i would be super thankful.

Oh yeah and my passport arrived while i was at camp! And i thought i would be driving around with expired license plates because my account keeps saying $0 but there was money there for it! And i got my gst cheque! And payday!-haha well, camp pay-so a little spending money for the trip-but whatever. God is definitely an awesome God.


|